OnThursday we reviewed the Pixel XL, which is -- technically -- Google's first phone and its first direct competitor for the iPhone 7. This is a nice phone. No, cross that.Â It's an awesome phone and not just nice. Yet, overall, we said, the iPhone 7 edges it slightly on the strength of features like stereo speakers, better design and waterproof body. But that doesn't mean that the iPhone 7 is the best phone for everyone willing to spend Rs 60,000.
For a lot of people the Pixel may make better sense. The trick is in to know what you want. Android or iOS. Or in other words, if you know what you want Pixel is probably a better phone for you. If you are confused between these two phone, the iPhone 7 is a better deal for you.
As for why the Pixel or the Pixel XL can be better phones than the iPhone 7 or the iPhone 7 Plus for a lot of people, we give you 5 reasons:
1. The Pixel and the Pixel XL have better software. the Android 7.1 inside the Pixel phones is not only slicker looking operating system, with its completely flat user interface, but it is also more versatile. Apps talk to each other in a way that makes sharing stuff from one app to other a breeze. It is just all that more faster to click a photo, edit it in a different app and then share it in a different app on Android compared to the iOS on the iPhone 7 or the iPhone 7 Plus.
2. The Pixel and the Pixel XL have screens that show more saturated and vibrant colours. This is something that a lot of users will like. The iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus, meanwhile, show more accurate colours. Compared to the colours on the Pixel phones, the colours on the iPhone screens are more accurate, but also boring.
3. If you are comparing Pixel and Pixel XL phones to other Android phones, the Pixel phones win on the software support part. Not only they comes to with fuss-free and clean Android 7.1, they will also regularly get software updates from Google with new features and bug fixes for at least 2 years. In the world of Android where other phones don't get this kind of support, this is kind of big deal.
4. The Pixel phones have a fabulous camera. Although it's kind of a wash between the iPhone 7 Plus, the Pixel XL and the Galaxy S7 Edge in terms of cameras, technically the Pixel XL is superior. In images if you peep at, ahem, pixel level it's easy to see that the Google's phone captures superior images. It just has that extra in images that make them look a little better than what others can capture on most occasions.
5. Pixel and the Pixel XL are the kind of devices that put the smart in smartphone. These come packed with technologies powered by AI that make real difference. Google Assistant, for example, is great at recognising Indian accents and at connecting dots. So is the Google Now, which keeps fetching bits of useful data for you. The keyboard, which was once used to be really bad in Android, has turned into the best damn keyboard now and is better than the iPhone at error corrections and ergonomics. Similarly, there are apps like Google Photos, with inbuilt automatic backup, which makes Pixel and Pixel XL truly exemplary.